It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create, insert , delete and import artifacts in DOORS NG

lakshmi shree (571343) | asked Jul 27 '15, 2:58 a.m.
edited Jul 27 '15, 3:08 a.m.
Hello

I am installing the DOORS Next Generation for the second time now and I am unable to perform any operation such as create, modify, insert after/before/child of any artifacts . Also, the Import or upload artifact option does not even show up in the Artifact menu option. The first time I installed DOORS NG on my machine I was able to view all the options and perform all operations.But now I am unable to do anything in DOORS without the creation of artifacts. Any help soon would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Lily Wang commented Jul 27 '15, 4:11 a.m.

Could you check if you have proper license?

lakshmi shree commented Jul 27 '15, 6:26 a.m.

Hello Lily ....I have a trail "Contributer " license as of now. But the version I had installed before was a trial one too and it had all the functionalities enabled. The problem occured when I updated my Java from 7 to 8. After this update, the Jazz server crashed and showed many fatal errors , so i hadd to uninstall and reinstall the server and DOORS NG.

Donald Nong commented Jul 28 '15, 1:02 a.m.

The trial license can expire so double-check that you do have a valid license required for the intended operations.

lakshmi shree commented Jul 28 '15, 1:49 a.m.

Hello Donald ... 

Thanks for the reply. I checked my "Contributer" trial license for Rational DOORS NG. It says active and expires on 25 september,2015.

Donald Nong commented Jul 28 '15, 4:48 a.m.

Once you log on RDNG, at the top right corner, click on the dropdown menu next to your user name and choose "View My Profile and Licenses". What are the repository permissions and what licenses are assigned to the user?

One answer

permanent link
lakshmi shree (571343) | answered Jul 29 '15, 2:40 a.m.
 Hello Donald. 

Thanks for the reply. Turns out  that even though I had  Jazz admin and project admin privileges enabled, only the Contributor license had been activated. So when I activated the Analyst license , I was able to create and modify artifacts and folders again!!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.