It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New Artifact Type in DOORS NG

Philip Hartman (111) | asked Feb 08 '16, 4:24 p.m.
There are only two artifact types in the default template of the DOORS NG free trial.

How can I add new artifact types so other options show in the drop-down list when creating/editing artifacts?  Also so that importing artifacts can create using the new types?

2 answers

permanent link
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos (16535) | answered Feb 08 '16, 4:49 p.m.
To answer your question directly, from the administrator drop down menu (which looks like a gear weal at the to right corner), select Manage project properties.  This KC topic explains more: Managing project properties in a requirements project

Glad to hear you are using the Jazz.net sandbox.  I hope you know about these tutorials:
I also have two videos I commander you watch
- Administrating project in RDNG
- Capturing requirements in RDNG

Hope this helps!
/Yianna

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Feb 08 '16, 5:50 p.m.
If you're talking about the sandbox projects on jazz.net, unfortunately that's all you can get. The feature that Jianoula mentioned requires JazzAdmins/JazzProjectAdmins, which we don't have on jazz.net.

Comments
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos commented Feb 09 '16, 9:16 a.m.

Actually, you just need to be an administrator to your requirements project, which you are.  You can modify the properties of your project... Check it out ;)

Donald Nong commented Feb 09 '16, 5:58 p.m.

Are you really sure you can open the "Manage Project Properties" page within a jazz.net sandbox project? I surely cannot. I have no problems with in my own environments.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.