It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

licenses for multiple groups in a single clm?

Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | asked Jul 21 '15, 3:59 p.m.
Hi
I have a single CLM installation (JTS, CCM,RM,QM)  and I have multiple Project Areas (1 for each group of users for example).

Can I have something to distribute licenses like this :

-Each group(project area) have access only  to  10 floating licenses for their users.

For eample I have 20 users for group A , and 25 users to group B :
-Group A : will consume only 10 Floating Licenses
-Group B : will consume only 10 Floating Licenses

And in my server there should be 20 Floating licenses .

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 22 '15, 12:08 a.m.
You definitely cannot allocate licenses based on what project areas the user has access to. And I don't think the JTS License Server has the "group"' concept either.
The Rational License Server (the old one for non-Jazz Rational products) has the ability to group users and reserve licenses, so there is the possibility. But I have never used this license server with CLM and cannot provide further suggestion on that.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSSTWP_8.1.4/com.ibm.rational.license.doc/topics/r_options_file_cmd.html
You can do some experiments or wait and see if others can offer any help.

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Jul 22 '15, 12:18 a.m.
edited Jul 22 '15, 5:51 a.m.
There is no way in a single CLM system which JTS manage licensing. If you use an external the IBM Rational Common License server which has the option file but it can group each products only.
If you are keen, I think of splitting into 2 CLM system, each has 10 licenses.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.