It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

reuse workspace after upgrade the client

Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | asked Jul 09 '15, 3:58 a.m.
edited Jul 14 '15, 3:54 a.m.
After upgrading the RTC client 4.0.3 to 6.0.0, can I re-use the existing workspace without loading again?

* Current Configuration
Rational Team Concert V4.0.3 (Client for Eclipse 3.6.x IDE)

* New Configuration
Rational Team Concert V6.0.0 (Client for Eclipse 3.6.x IDE)

A thousand client machines will be upgraded so we just want to make sure of it.

2 answers

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Jul 09 '15, 4:17 a.m.
Hi Taki

Yes, you can always use the same existing workspace for same client machine, loading not required..

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted.

Regards,
Rohit

Comments
Taki Nakajo commented Jul 09 '15, 10:46 p.m.

Hi Rohit, 

Thank you for the quick response. Have you ever done after upgrading to RTC 6.0 server/client? I need a sufficient technical reason why it is ok in order to explain.

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Jul 14 '15, 3:52 a.m.
I have found the information in Client and server version compatibility help page as the follows:

Rational® Team Concert repository workspaces are compatible from version 2. This means that if you have a version 2 repository workspace, you can still use it with your upgraded Eclipse client.

It tells we can keep using the same local workspace in RTC 6.0 eclipse client.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 14 '15, 3:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please note that it is advisable to check in unresolved local changes prior to the upgrade - I think this is mentioned in the client upgrade notes as well.

Please note that once you have used a workspace with a newer version, you can't necessarily use it with the prior version. At least one time I had the issue, that the workspace got somehow upgraded and the previous version was not able to open it any more.

Taki Nakajo commented Jul 14 '15, 4:04 a.m.

Hi Ralph, thank you for the additional note.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.