It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Procedure to do migration of RTC 4.0.4 to 5.0.2 on new server

Tommy Moris (1135) | asked Jul 08 '15, 10:36 a.m.
Currently, we have a RTC 4.0.4 server running on WebSphere 7 (Linux) & RHEL 5.
As RTC 5.0.2 doesn't support WebSphere 7 and RHEL 5, we need to install it on a new server with WebSphere 8 and RHEL 6. (My company doesn't do inline upgrades of RHEL and Websphere)
What is the correct procedure for this?

I found the normal upgrade scenario at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html. However, this is for an upgrade on one server.
Are there additional steps I need to take?
What about database? (I plan to reuse the same database and update/migrate it with the scripts specified in the procedure above)

3 answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jul 09 '15, 3:26 a.m.
Hi Tommy,

Could you please find the below wiki page with (To do status ) for reference and let us know does it help.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MigratingCLMToANewEnvironment

Regards,
Arun.

permanent link
Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | answered Jul 09 '15, 2:53 a.m.
The only you need to do is creating the directory for the old JTS server conf files like /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer4/server/conf, then copy files from the old installation in order to run the step 11 'run the upgrade script', 

If you reuse the same database, you don't have any additional steps because ../server/conf/jts or ccm/teamserver.properties has already the information for the database. Of course, you'd better to back up the database just in case if you fail upgrading.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '15, 3:02 a.m. | edited Jul 09 '15, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would have to also copy the various index files, or run a reindex which can take a lot of time while the server is down.

Everyone with some common sense does a full backup before doing upgrades or migrations, of course.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '15, 7:20 a.m. | edited Jul 09 '15, 7:20 a.m.

The index location(s) are set in the various teamserver.properties files. I f you have the indexes on separate file systems, you only have to make sure that the indexes are available using the absolute path in the property files, or you have to change the path so that the indexes are available.

permanent link
Tommy Moris (1135) | answered Jul 09 '15, 7:11 a.m.

I have just requested to setup a new server to prepare this migration. (Delivery of this server should take about 1 week + I need to install Websphere 8.0 first)

Is it ok if I would copy the full /opt/IBM/WebSphere/JazzTeamServer4 (Installation folder we used for RTC4.0.4) to the new server and then do the migration?

We keep indexes on a separate filesystem, so I believe it should also be copied to the new server?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 09 '15, 7:21 a.m. | edited Jul 09 '15, 7:22 a.m.

Sorry wrong post......

The index location(s) are set in the various teamserver.properties files. If you have the indexes on separate file systems, you only have to make sure that the indexes are available using the absolute path in the property files, or you have to change the path or copy the volume so that the indexes are available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.