It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with process sharing in RTC

Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | asked Jul 07 '15, 12:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a new scenario for process sharing.

I have a master project that has a defined process.  It then shares this process with three other
projects.  The consuming projects makes changes to their members and their timelines, but nothing else.
At some point in time a change is made to the process in one of the consuming projects, and this change
causes issues with the Web UI.  Not sure exactly what change was made (the XML shows a big block of changes to the enumeration XML).  All we know is that this causes the Web UI to go haywire, and now users are unable to modify the task estimates for any new task work items.

While I am interested in how a change to the XML can break just the web UI, my question is this:
Is there any way to "force" the consuming project to effectively "drop" their own customizations, and once again conform to the process in the Master project?  This is all implemented on RTC 5.0.2.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jul 07 '15, 9:36 p.m.
See my answer in the below post.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/201334/re-establish-a-master-process-on-an-inheriting-project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.