It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring database for Data Collection Component

Luiz Almeida (23016191) | asked Jul 02 '15, 4:50 p.m.
Hi guys,

I'm configuring an existing JTS to use DCC to collect data. I already have a Data Warehouse database that I am using for applications.

I have two doubts about the steps on this page:

In step 7 is described "Configure the database to use for the Data Collection Component".
Must I configure the same datawarehouse database that is used actually for my CLM applications? Or must I create a new database for DCC? If I have to create it, is there any specific configuration?

In step 9 is described "On the Configure Data Warehouse Database page, specify the information for the database that you set up in the test environment."
What test environment? I do not have a test environment. Do I have to inform the actual data warehouse?

Since now, thank a lot.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 10 '15, 9:19 a.m.
Hello Luiz,

DCC is using 2 databases:
  1. a repository like the other CLM applications that needs to be created from new in the same way you would create the repository for RTC, RQM, ... (this is step 7)
  2. the data warehouse that you already configured for CLM (this is step 9)

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Luiz Almeida selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Jul 10 '15, 9:41 a.m.

Thank you, Francesco!

I'm a little bit confused now, because your answer is different of Marek answer, but I will try this way.

Thanks a lot.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.