It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we redirect JTS login errors?

Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | asked Feb 23 '16, 4:41 p.m.
We're using CLM 5.0 (bound to upgrade to 6.0.1 soon) and we'd like to find a way to capture different JTS errors and present a different page to the user instead.

Let me elaborate.
1. When the user enters an invalid id/pwd, normally the JTS login window is reloaded with a message indicating the credentials to be invalid. We'd like instead to redirect the user to a help page explaining what credentials they should be using, how to reset them if needed, etc.

2. When the user is not created in the tool they need to submit a ticket requesting access, so we'd like that error to redirect to the ticket page.

3. When the user is archived or doesn't have licenses or a jazz group assigned, they'd need to open a different ticket type. Again, instead of the default error page displayed we'd like to redirect them to the ticket page.

Is there a way to do any or (hopefully) all of this?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 23 '16, 11:31 p.m.

You can consider using the web UI theming to add some links or buttons that bring up those help pages. I'm not confident with the redirecting since you may simply break the entire login chain. Note that for the first case, the authentication is failed, but for the last two, the authentication is passed.

Taly Hotimsky commented Feb 25 '16, 8:27 a.m.

Thanks.
Yes, the cases are different and that's why I thought I'd list them specifically.
The idea obviously was not to break the login chain, but rather to be able to "insert a redirect url" somewhere, hopefully a parameter, for each type of error.
We'll experiment with the Themes to see if it helps.

I've also filed Enhancement https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=385177 to try and improve the way this is handled.
On large organizational deployments  support to CLM usage it's too often impacted by non-issues or by issues that need to be addressed by different support teams. The more we're able to avoid them in the source, the better we'll be able to provide assistance to real issues and improve users experience with CLM.

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 23 '16, 11:14 p.m.
there is no provided way to do this. you would have to modify the product code and web content (and javascript) to do this

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.