It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why isn't an workitem listed in REST after being deleted?

Igor Felix (1025) | asked Jul 02 '15, 9:04 a.m.
 Hello,

I'm trying to understand what happened to deleted workitems. We were using a REST query to identity which workitems where excluded from JAZZ ALM, so that these workitems would be deleted from our relational database. But it seems that the removed workitems are no longer being listed with the query below:

https://server:port/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=generic/deletedWorkItem/(*)

Can someone help in understanding this behavior? Is it a normal behavior, or should at least the itemId of the workitem be listed with this REST query?

Thanks in advance,
Igor Felix

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Jul 02 '15, 11:39 a.m.
That query does return a list of deleted itemIds for me (in RTC 5.0).  I also get the same results with:
https://server:port/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/deletedWorkItem/(*)

What results are you getting?  What version of RTC are you using?
Igor Felix selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Igor Felix commented Jul 02 '15, 11:43 a.m.

I am using RTC version 5.0.2. Some workitems indeed are listed with this query, but I've created another and then deleted it, but its itemId was not on the whole list returned.

Igor Felix commented Jul 02 '15, 11:44 a.m.

I am using RTC version 5.0.2. Some workitems indeed are listed with this query, but I've created another and then deleted it, but its itemId was not on the whole list returned.

Brian Fleming commented Jul 02 '15, 11:46 a.m.

Does the returned list contain exactly 100 itemIds?  In the response from the server is there a "next" URL referenced (search on "next")?

Igor Felix commented Jul 02 '15, 11:53 a.m.

Already checked, the nextPage is empty. I've tried the same with a filter, like this:

And nothing was returned. This is the itemId of the workitem I've deleted.

Igor Felix commented Jul 02 '15, 11:55 a.m.

Okay, please forgive me, I've realized it is a mistake. There are some pages that return no values, and when I go forward, the itemID is listed. Thanks for the quick answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.