It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any document on JBE Ant/Scm commands to checkin and deliver the code back to streams ?

shobhan y (1326) | asked May 12 '15, 2:29 p.m.
Hello,

I am looking for Ant tasks or scm commands to checkin and deliver the code back to different stream after build is complete.I went through some of the previous links in this forum but they are not clear.if there is any good article please share it.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123660) | answered May 13 '15, 9:40 a.m.
AFAIK, there is not such a feature out of the box; you can only add an artifact contribution to a build result using the Jazz build Ant task (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_publishbuildresult.html).
Instead, you could write your own custom Ant task (see https://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html#writingowntask) or a shell script to use the source control command line tools (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_scm.htmlto achieve that.
Cheers.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 13 '15, 10:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The JBE has a post build delivery option, where you can specify where to deliver the code and under which condition.
All the ANT tasks and the SCM commandline commands that you can also use in builds are described in the online help for your version.

Comments
SEC Servizi commented May 13 '15, 10:34 a.m.

We are on RTC v4.0.7 and we do not see a 'Post-build Deliver' tab in the Build Defintion editor.

Ralph Schoon commented May 13 '15, 10:47 a.m. | edited May 13 '15, 10:49 a.m.

I don't know in which version that was introduced. I was looking at Version 5.x.
You have to configure it, to see it:

SEC Servizi commented May 13 '15, 10:57 a.m. | edited May 13 '15, 10:58 a.m.
Thank you, Ralph! Now we find out how to add these new Post-build configurations to all theĀ Build Definitions we migrated from v2.0.0.2 to v4.0.7.

Ralph Schoon commented May 13 '15, 11:00 a.m.

Glad this helps you!

shobhan y commented May 13 '15, 11:55 a.m.

thanks for the reply.

I see post deliver option on 4.0.5 as well but does it checkin automatically before deliver or do we need to write scm command for this ?

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented May 13 '15, 12:15 p.m. | edited May 13 '15, 12:27 p.m.

It does not need to check in, because the data is already checked into the repository workspace. It would only need to check in new code, which should not be there.

(You should also never check in binaries, my opinion at least.)

So it basically does a deliver of the differences of the repository workspace and the stream to deliver to.

Think of the stream it delivers to being one that only contains source that built and tested as good. So only good builds go through.

Ralph Schoon commented May 13 '15, 12:20 p.m.

If you look for something like that https://jazz.net/library/article/807 you would keep the whole build workspace.

If you want to checkin stuff that is generated during the build - which I believe you shouldn't, remember, you would have to use the SCM command line.

shobhan y commented May 13 '15, 12:46 p.m.

thanks for more details.

I don't want to check in binaries,but I do check in and give some comment to the change set before deliver to the stream when I do manually. how do we do this with build automation.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented May 13 '15, 1:13 p.m.

You check in to your repository workspace as usual and deliver to the stream. The JBE builds a repository workspace flowing to that stream and accepts the incoming change sets. The build can deliver to another stream if you want to.

The build DOES NOT CHECK IN anything.

shobhan y commented May 13 '15, 4:26 p.m.

so,how does it work if I schedule a build?Do I need to manually check in and deliver before it runs?

Thanks

showing 5 of 10 show 5 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.