It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] How do I find what my DevOps services git config for user.name and user.email should be ?

Sean G Wilbur (87222421) | asked Jan 20 '15, 1:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
closed Apr 15 '15, 12:58 p.m.
 I have my git config setup for a few different git hosts and I am finding that the DevOps services ones are not correctly identifying my commits with my profile picture even though it looks like I have matched my name and email correctly, checking my config it looks the same as if I were to go in the web editor and make the changes ?
$ git config --local --get-regex user.*
 So from my user profile or anywhere else, how to I figure out what I should be setting here and I will go ahead and update my author information in my past commits.

I have tried checking my profile and using my IBM-id for updates, I also tried using the embedded web editor to get my id to show up without any luck, anyone else having this issue or already fixed this ?

Funny thing is when I use my github id, the gravatar is update correctly but I would expect my jazz id to show there too ?

-Sean

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Not covered by jazz forums." by swilbur Apr 15 '15, 12:58 p.m.

One answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jan 21 '15, 2:08 p.m.
hi Sean,
QUestions for DevOps should be posted at the DevOps forums.  Go to hub.jazz.net and select the forum tab.
WHen setting up the git environment, I would think you should use the IBM universal ID that is used to log into hub.jazz.net.

Comments
Sean G Wilbur commented Jan 22 '15, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks didn't realize these were the wrong forums, and as for the IBM ID I would have thought that as well but not sure if it is working as expected or not, will post over there.

btw the link to the DevOps Services forums is:
https://developer.ibm.com/answers/smartspace/devops-services/