It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email Reader Capability

Vanessa Foster-Dotson (3664) | asked Oct 21 '10, 6:44 p.m.
Does RTC have the ability to process inbound emails and convert them to WIs? If so, where can I find more information about this capability?

10 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Oct 25 '10, 8:15 a.m.
Does RTC have the ability to process inbound emails and convert them to WIs? If so, where can I find more information about this capability?

I dont think so - but if you are planning to make some parts of RTC public while others are internal only you can setup security for one project area to be readable by any user while you restrict your internal project area to your internal people only and make references(links) to the cases created by the external users.

permanent link
Vanessa Foster-Dotson (3664) | answered Oct 25 '10, 11:17 a.m.

I dont think so - but if you are planning to make some parts of RTC public while others are internal only you can setup security for one project area to be readable by any user while you restrict your internal project area to your internal people only and make references(links) to the cases created by the external users.

No, I actually need the ability to submit WIs via email versus having to log into one of the RTC clients.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Oct 26 '10, 12:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, I actually need the ability to submit WIs via email versus having to log into one of the RTC clients.

RTC does not support this - at least not in v2.x. I am aware of someone who built this for their own company but this is not public code that anyone can use. I did a quick check on the RTC project work items, and did not see anything.

Can you create a new work item for RTC as an enhancement for future versions.

anthony

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 27 '10, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not supported in 3.0 either. There's an existing enhancement request:
89470: Create and comment on workitems through email

permanent link
Kurt Smith (6) | answered Oct 28 '10, 5:18 a.m.
So perhaps this will be added in a future 3.x release?

permanent link
David Doughty (1812219) | answered Oct 29 '10, 3:30 a.m.
Sorry this is a little later, I only just stumbled across this thread on another fruitless jazz.net search.....

IBM business partners, CM Logic, have already written a plugin to deliver this functionality,

permanent link
Stephen Toop (10112123) | answered Oct 29 '10, 10:43 a.m.
Yes, CM-Logic has an emailreader for the Jazz platform.

It is called JazzConnect-Email Edition, in line with our other JazzConnect products for JIRA and IntelliJ.

Here is the URL for the datasheet:
http://www.cm-logic.com/images/stories/pdf_documents/JazzConnectEmail/JazzConnect-Email2.0.pdf

I'd be happy to help further if you want more information.

Stephen Toop
CM-Logic Ltd

permanent link
Creo Spiku (11) | answered Nov 02 '10, 8:15 a.m.
Thanks for this replies..
Its really help

spiku

permanent link
Rich Sparks (131) | answered Aug 01 '16, 2:07 p.m.
 Unfortunately the vendor CM-Logic went out of business very quickly. I am wondering if there's another vendor that has a solution.

permanent link
Stephen Toop (10112123) | answered Apr 09 '18, 11:25 a.m.

Hello if you are still interested in the email reader then Kintrax has taken over the assets and IP and CM-Logic. All of the JazzConnect products are available. Please contact me at sdtoop@kintrax.com if you would like to know more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.