It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find current Project Area ID/Name to be used in JRS Query condition

Sandhya Prabhu (1610) | asked Jun 30 '15, 4:57 a.m.
edited Jun 30 '15, 10:54 a.m. by Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723)
I have multiple RTC Project Areas deployed on same server.
I want to write a generic JRS query using Advanced Tab that can be used with any Project Area that is currently in use.
How to find current Project Area ID/Name to be used in Query condition, something like --
e.g. WHERE RIDW.PROJECT_ID = THIS.PROEJCT_ID....
.....<where THIS.PROJECT_ID="" will="" be="" PROJECT_ID="" for="" the="" current="" Project="" Area="" in="" use="">

Please need your help on this .

Thanks,
Sandhya

4 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Jun 30 '15, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sandhya
How do you define "current" in your case? What does "in use" mean exactly?

There is only one article which explores the advanced capability of the report builder.  See https://jazz.net/library/article/1470 It suggests starting with a simple query and its formatting results tab.

Can you create a query using the JRS UI and describe it here so I can get an idea of what you are trying to do?

Comments
Sandhya Prabhu commented Jul 01 '15, 5:17 a.m.

Hi Rosa,

Let me explain ..I have written JRS query and have edited SQL to suit requirements ( as there were some calculations like summation etc was there)..This works fine for a selected project. My server is shared by multiple projects hence would like use the same query for all projects. Since once we edit the SQL query in Advanced mode it does not give us to choose the project.

Hence I was looking for is there a way in query can we mention THIS project area something.. so that when we run this for particular project it will fetch it's own data.
Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Sandhya

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Jul 07 '15, 10:13 a.m.
I suggest exploring the new features delivered with JRS 6.0 such as Dynamic Conditions and Summary Reports. It's possible that what you had to use Advanced mode for is no longer necessary with 6.0.

Dynamic Conditions - https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service/milestones/6.0M8?p=news
Summary Reports - https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-reporting-service/milestones/6.0M10?p=news

permanent link
Steven Shaw (55113) | answered Jul 07 '15, 2:49 p.m.
  Hi Sandhya,

If if read your question correctly I think you're looking for a query that allows you to discover the PROJECT_ID for each Project name.

Try adding the following in the Advanced Tab of a new Report and it will list all the Project ID's associated to a particular name:

SELECT T1.NAME AS PROJECT_NAME,

T1.PROJECT_ID AS PROJECT_ID

FROM RIDW.D_PROJECT T1

Regards,

-Steve

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Nov 05 '15, 12:40 p.m.
Sandhya
Did Steve's answer help? If so, please indicate by accepting his answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.