It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fix the "Project area cannot be saved" error when "The user "ADMIN" does not exist in the database."

Roy Schatz (122) | asked Jun 25 '15, 7:14 p.m.
Using CLM 5.0.2 I am attempting to create a new Project Area in Quality Manager (\qm).
My User ID has JazzAdmins, JazzUsers, and JazzProjectAdmins permission.

When I am trying to save the new Project Area (with Default Quality Management Processes) I receive a "Project area cannot be saved" error with the following error stack trace details:
Error 500 com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The user "ADMIN" does not exist in the database at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.LocalOAuthEnabledHttpClient.acquireAccessToken(LocalOAuthEnabledHttpClient.java:155) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.LocalOAuthEnabledHttpClient.(LocalOAuthEnabledHttpClient.java:189) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.ProcessAuthoringJfsClient.(ProcessAuthoringJfsClient.java:256) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.StorageInitializer.(StorageInitializer.java:71) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.ProcessAuthoringJfsClient.initialize(ProcessAuthoringJfsClient.java:308) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.ProcessAuthoringJfsClient.(ProcessAuthoringJfsClient.java:234) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.resources.ProxyResource.createJfsClient(ProxyResource.java:290) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.resources.ProxyResource.getOrHead(ProxyResource.java:194) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.resources.ProxyResource.get(ProxyResource.java:409) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.rest.AbstractProcessRestService.perform_GET(AbstractProcessRestService.java:50) at com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.ProcessAuthoringService.perform_GET(ProcessAuthoringService.java:243) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.TeamRawService.service(TeamRawService.java:84) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1706.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347) at

I am not sure what "The user "ADMIN" does not exist in the database" is about? 
Do we need to create a User "ADMIN" that requires certain permissions to make this work?

Anybody else who has seen this error in CLM v5.0.2 and know how to resolve this?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jun 26 '15, 12:13 a.m.
A couple of things to check.
1. Is the user account "ADMIN" disabled? You just need to confirm its status, and don't need to re-enable it if it is disabled.
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21314276
2. Is your own user account correctly mapped to a Jazz user? When a user authenticates successfully with the JazzAdmins role but does not have a correctly mapped Jazz user, the user account may be mapped to "ADMIN" for some reason, regardless "ADMIN" is disabled or not.

Note: "ADMIN" is the default user account and you should not create a new one.

Comments
Roy Schatz commented Jun 26 '15, 2:58 p.m. | edited Jun 26 '15, 3:00 p.m.
First, I want to say thank you very much for your quick response. This is greatly appreciated and I think you might have identified the issue here quite well. However, I am not quite clear about our next steps...

Regarding:

1. Our administration was not able to find an ADMIN user. Not sure what happened there. If the ADMIN user got accidentally removed, what are the steps to rectify this? I assume that there might be more to it than just adding an ADMIN user via the application?
2. I am not sure what you mean by the user account being correctly mapped to a Jazz user? Could you please expand on that? What is it that we would need to look for and correct to fix the mapping?

Donald Nong commented Jun 28 '15, 8:49 p.m.

Check the document that I posted. The "Admin" account is a built-in one and does not need to appear on an LDAP server (of course you need another user that has JazzAdmins role to replace it).
For mapping, without going into the technical details, if you can see your name displayed at the top right corner after logging on, you can consider it done correctly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.