It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while creating a new defect in RTC

Tapas Das (613) | asked Jun 24 '15, 5:55 a.m.

When a user is trying to create a defect he is getting an error saying that the "defect cannot be created please fill the Defect identified by field"

Now the Defect Identified by field is a required field when we are going to create the defect. and that field is Populated with values before we are hitting the save button,

but still we are getting this error. Can someone guide me on how to resolve this issue. Only a few users are facing this issue at this point of time.

a promt response would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Tapas

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 24 '15, 6:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

IS there actually a value in that field when the error happens?
Otherwise I would suggest to open a PMR with support.

Tapas Das commented Jun 24 '15, 6:23 a.m.

yes the field has a value when this error happens

Kevin Ramer commented Jun 24 '15, 11:06 a.m.

As you mention only a few users, you might investigate their roles vs Work Item Save permissions.  It is plausible that user is not allowed to modify that particular attribute.

Lawrence Smith commented Jun 24 '15, 11:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you have a value provider script for the value? Maybe the value provider is setting the value to a null value.

Is the value an enumeration and the value that is set is specified as the unassigned value? Maybe the required value needs to be different from the unassigned enumeration value.

Lawrence Smith [IBM]

Don Yang commented Jun 24 '15, 10:05 p.m.

I guess that there is calculated value javascript involved. Although the value seems to be set in UI, there could be some logic to return the null value when saving hence the "required field" complains the field is not set. you will need to review the javascript and see if there is any logic problem:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/150649/calculated-value-that-also-allows-for-manual-setting-of-field

Tapas Das commented Jun 25 '15, 6:46 a.m.

Hi ALL

@kevin I have checked for the Permissions. They seems to be good. So permission is not an issue here.

@lawrence Defect Identified By Is not an Enumeration. It is a contributor.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.