It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

import problem

vikrant kamble (132878) | asked Jun 17 '15, 6:09 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '15, 6:44 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (59.7k23643)
I made plug in project "DB2Connectivity"
When I try to import db2jcc jar file it is showing me error
I am importing it to META-INF folder \
Why is it not letting me import properly?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (59.7k23643) | answered Jun 17 '15, 6:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Jar files don't belong into the META-INF folder. Create a folder lib in the root of the project area and then make sure to include it in your classpath. I'd suggest to search for hints in the internet. I can't be more specific as I haven't done this for a while.

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Jun 17 '15, 8:46 a.m. | edited Jun 17 '15, 8:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph
I am trying to develop a plugin which will increment value in database every time I save work item.
I made plugin project named DB2Connectivity. I need to import these two jar files "db2jcc", "db2jcc_license_cu"
I was trying to add db2jcc to META-INF, but as you said I made another folder named "library" in META-INF and tried to import "db2jcc" file but it was still giving me following error
"problems were encountered during import:"
when i clicked on details following is the first line of error dialog box
"unable to import com/ibm/db2/app/blob.class. Reason: A resource exist with a different case:'/DB2Connectivity/META-INF/com".

These files are located on my Desktop
How can I resolve this error
I followed as you told in your answer but error is still same when I import "db2jcc" file.
"db2jcc_license_cu" file is imported properly.

Thank you

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '15, 9:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I found this answer https://jazz.net/forum/questions/48348/how-to-use-external-library-in-a-plugin by using google library plugin site:jazz.net .

This is a good starting point and you should probably also search the wider internet
e.g. (Google is my friend) 

I am sure there are more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.