It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

import problem

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked Jun 17 '15, 6:09 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '15, 6:44 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I made plug in project "DB2Connectivity"
When I try to import db2jcc jar file it is showing me error
I am importing it to META-INF folder \
Why is it not letting me import properly?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 17 '15, 6:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Jar files don't belong into the META-INF folder. Create a folder lib in the root of the project area and then make sure to include it in your classpath. I'd suggest to search for hints in the internet. I can't be more specific as I haven't done this for a while.

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Jun 17 '15, 8:46 a.m. | edited Jun 17 '15, 8:47 a.m.

Hi Ralph
I am trying to develop a plugin which will increment value in database every time I save work item.
I made plugin project named DB2Connectivity. I need to import these two jar files "db2jcc", "db2jcc_license_cu"
I was trying to add db2jcc to META-INF, but as you said I made another folder named "library" in META-INF and tried to import "db2jcc" file but it was still giving me following error
"problems were encountered during import:"
when i clicked on details following is the first line of error dialog box
"unable to import com/ibm/db2/app/blob.class. Reason: A resource exist with a different case:'/DB2Connectivity/META-INF/com".

These files are located on my Desktop
How can I resolve this error
I followed as you told in your answer but error is still same when I import "db2jcc" file.
"db2jcc_license_cu" file is imported properly.

Thank you

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 17 '15, 9:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I found this answer https://jazz.net/forum/questions/48348/how-to-use-external-library-in-a-plugin by using google library plugin site:jazz.net .

This is a good starting point and you should probably also search the wider internet
e.g. (Google is my friend) 

I am sure there are more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.