It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT Scripted Data Source

Jorge Eduardo Garza Martinez (1113) | asked Oct 04 '17, 5:31 p.m.

Hi, I have been following this tutorial  https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/JazzyTunes/entry/creating_birt_reports_for_rtc_which_invokes_java_code?lang=en on how to create a BIRT report that invokes java code inside a RTC Server.

The java code is a plug in fragment.

The idea is to find a query defined by the user, process the WI that result from running the query and return the information in JSON format, so that the report can displayed it on the report. We are doing this in order to create a customize view that the team required and that it is not possible to create by a simple query. (they want to see the last 3 comments of a conversation and truncate the description of a work item).

This is the query that the report should use

The code I have been developing does not work because I can not obtain the classes to work using the method getService() Is there any way to use the RTC Java Server API inside a fragment like this?

or is there any other way to achieve what I want using another kind of data set?

This is how the report should look like more or less

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 04 '17, 11:22 p.m.

Repost the images due to OP's low reputation.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 04 '17, 11:24 p.m.

You first have to make sure the new RTC plugin is provisioned correctly. See the comment section of the blog for a similar case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.