It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Combine RSA Builds with RTC Builds

Christopher McCann (56121) | asked May 11 '10, 6:01 p.m.
Has anyone tried to combine the build features of RSA with the build features of RTC? Specifically letting RSA generate the ant scripts and then use them with RTC?

2 answers

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered May 13 '10, 10:55 a.m.
Has anyone tried to combine the build features of RSA with the build features of RTC? Specifically letting RSA generate the ant scripts and then use them with RTC?

It might depend on which sets of ANT tasks need to be executed in the same script. If you want to use from RTC the ANT Tasks provided by RAD, then there is an example in the following Redbook:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247672.html?Open

See Chapter 29, "Building with Team Concert and the Application Developer Build Utility".

However, if you want to use in the same script both the ANT Tasks provided by RAD and those provided by RTC, then I think this requires a Request For Enhancement:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/support/rational/rfe/

permanent link
Christopher McCann (56121) | answered Jul 29 '10, 1:06 p.m.
OK,

This has taken me a long time but I finally think I know what to ask. I can successfully run ant scripts in the RAD Build Utility from RTC. What I can't do is use any of the Jazz Ant Tasks like:

<startBuildActivity>

I tried copying the toolkit jars in the lib directory of the ant plugin used by the RAD build utility but that didn't work. I tried adding all the jars on the command line to the java that eclipse launches with and that didn't work.

The directions in the WIKI says to use "ant -lib xxxx" to add additional libraries, is there an equivalent when using Rad Build Utility or Eclipse?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.