It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to export the Project Area History from RQM into PDF or any other format?

AnuM C P (15814) | asked Jun 11 '15, 2:32 a.m.
 Is there a way to export the Project Area History from RQM into PDF or any other format?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111157) | answered Jun 11 '15, 11:17 a.m.
Hi AnuMohan,

As I am sure you noted, there is no PDF icon in project area administration > history as there is for RQM artifacts, e.g. test cases, test plans, etc. So there is no PDF export for project history.

And the history API feed mentioned at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#historyUrl is for specific resource types as well.

I am pretty sure this will be a request for enhancement and I will look into that. I initially could not find a matching RFE to provide PDF export of project history.

Thanks,
Brett
AnuM C P selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111157) | answered Jun 11 '15, 1:10 p.m.
Hi,

I just looked at the history of QM project in 6.0 RC1 and there is no option to export for PDF either. I will do a bit more research to confirm that there is no other workaround. Thanks

Comments
AnuM C P commented Jun 12 '15, 5:32 a.m.

Thank you Brett

Yes I had noted on the absence of PDF, just wanted to know if any possibility was there via any specific API's or any workarounds already suggested. Logically I think this is absent because all artifact wise history will be of more interest to distributed team and project level will be sparingly used for their reporting/ tracking purpose.

Let me know if a RFE need to be opened.

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111157) | answered Jun 12 '15, 3:21 p.m.
Hi,

I confirmed you cannot query history with the RQM REST API (as noted previously) or the RTC REST API.

After chatting with a colleague I tried getting project history from the RTC API.  I found there is no itemHistory when I use the RTC API as follows:
https://clmlocal.ibm.com:9443/qm/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation/projectArea[name='QMprojectA']/* so there is no way to get project history from that API either.

I think submitted this RFE request the ability to export project history to PDF (360139)

Thanks,
Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.