It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A few RQM questions

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Jul 07 '09, 11:54 a.m.
Hi,

I had a few quick (hopefully) questions on RQM:

1) Can tests be related to one another? For example, knowing which tests a test would block if it fails. With all the relations in RTC, I would expect relations in RQM but didn't see any way to add or query relationships.

2) How can one see all the executions of a test? Each test has 1 or more TERs and we can run each TER multiple times. It seems RQM captures only the most recent TER result. I would expect to be able to view all TER results over time. I am probably missing something here.

3) RQM/RTS integration. If we are using RQM and RTC together, I understand Work Items (WI) will eventually be linked via REST interfaces. What about milestones? There many devleopment concepts like work, iterations, milestones, etc. that span lifecycle tools and should be shared. When the WI integration occurs, will those other development concepts share as well.

Many thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k1134138) | answered Jul 08 '09, 12:06 p.m.
Hi,

I had a few quick (hopefully) questions on RQM:

1) Can tests be related to one another? For example, knowing which tests a test would block if it fails. With all the relations in RTC, I would expect relations in RQM but didn't see any way to add or query relationships.

2) How can one see all the executions of a test? Each test has 1 or more TERs and we can run each TER multiple times. It seems RQM captures only the most recent TER result. I would expect to be able to view all TER results over time. I am probably missing something here.

3) RQM/RTS integration. If we are using RQM and RTC together, I understand Work Items (WI) will eventually be linked via REST interfaces. What about milestones? There many devleopment concepts like work, iterations, milestones, etc. that span lifecycle tools and should be shared. When the WI integration occurs, will those other development concepts share as well.

Many thanks.

(1) I believe you would use a suite in this instance so that a blocking defect on one script would be linked / visible to the other test cases in the suite.

(2) if you open the most recent exection, there is a link to the "history" of all executions of that test

(3) sorry can't tell you on that one

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.