It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Iterations - Set a limit for the Iteration based on the Complexity

Matt Muller (59813274) | asked Jun 05 '15, 8:51 a.m.
 Hi,

I'm trying to understand how you can set the "Complexity" of the Plan (say Story Points) and then slect a Maximum ammount of "Complexity" (Story points) per Iteration?

Is this possible as I can't find anything about Complexity vs Content in an Iteration?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jun 05 '15, 12:31 p.m.
edited Jun 05 '15, 1:02 p.m.
You might want to consult the Effective Planning in RTC article as well as its references.     But as far as the maximum for an iteration, that depends on

• Accurate work estimation ( how much time tasks will take )
  • Accurate resource assignment ( persons and their available time )
Epic/Story ( or plan items ) work items should have child work items with time estimations so that the inclusion of Epic/Story into a particular iteration will impact the representation of iteration progress.

Comments
Matt Muller commented Jun 10 '15, 5:33 a.m.

I see that in the Kanban you can:

You can configure your view to use Kanban as display type and define limits. By default, limits use Count, but you can choose Complexity or Estimates as well. Deviations from the ideal are shown as a small box in the column header. The further your goal is away, the more red the box gets.

We want to limit the content for one sprint - so it can't be allocated "more complexity points" than the sprint can contain?  Idea Ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.