It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RSA 9.1.1 Upload to server error

Gerry Tucker (11) | asked Jun 04 '15, 2:54 p.m.

I have load a model into Design Manager 5.0.2 that was generated in Rational Software Architect 9.1.1.  The project is setup to have DM manage the model.  I am able to access and update the model via RSA Design Explorer.  However, this is an extremely sluggish process.  I am attempting to use the Export to Local Workspace capability to edit local and then publish to the server.

When I have tried this, I select my workspace that I originally exported from and click 'Next'.  I then receive the following error:
"The server denied access to .... importing models to folders mapping."

The technical details indicate the following:
status code: 403
There is no REST service handler registered for the path /importer/mapping/<unique key>

I am accessing the server with my account that has project admin, all roles, and JazzAdmin privileges.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered Jun 04 '15, 3:20 p.m.
Hello Gerry,

"Export to Local Workspace" and "Upload to server" is not a recommended way of work.
"Upload to server" does not perform a model merge, it was developed as a one time operation, to speed up creation of RSA model(s) on the server side. Thus, on each "Upload to server" operation creates duplicates on the server side.

However, the described approach can be easily adopted to externally managed projects.
1. The full time import performed the very first time.
2. Each next request will perform incremental import - only modified resources are being updated on the server side (if "Reimport and overwrite all resources" is not selected). There is also a possibility to configure a scheduled import.

Regards,
Andrey

Comments
Gerry Tucker commented Jun 04 '15, 4:12 p.m.

Andrey,

Thanks for the quick response.  I guess my follow up question is are there any recommendations on speeding up the lag with the DM?  Is this expected in larger models?

Thanks,

Gerry

Andrey Karaulov commented Jun 08 '15, 11:17 a.m.

Gerry,

Which kind of lags do you mean? Related to actively or externally managed mode?
There were some improvements in 5.0.2 iFix002 and 6.0 (is expected to be released in Q2).
The performance of the import process (or upload - the variant of the import process) depends on a concrete topology and used hardware. For instance, the first time import of 500Mb model varies from 7 to 48 hours. The incremental import can take 1 or 5 hours - depends on amount of changes.
DM stores model in RDF format and performance can be better if indices folders are stored on SSD.
In any case, if there are performance issues the best way to continue is to create a PMR (if you are registered IBM customer) or create a WI on Jazz.net.

Regards,
Andrey

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.