It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting a file directly in the repository

Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | asked Jul 07 '09, 1:49 a.m.
Currently one of our versioned projects fails to load because of one file. The file exists as evidenced by its UUID but RTC cannot locate the content which causes this error (snipped for brevity):

!MESSAGE Failed to download /com.company.client.something.wizard/src/com/company/client/something/wizard/ui/util/package.html
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ0098I The com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService{/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService} service failed. The server returned the http error 500 (Internal Server Error). Examine any further details here or look in the server log files for more information on how to resolve the issue.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.throwHttpClientError(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokeContentGet(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: <Remote>
CRJAZ0200I Content not found: [UUID _SLBgEGYyEd6XJ7dV8FQPOA]
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContentService$AbstractContentReceiver.postProcess(ContentService.java:1997)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContentService$7.run(ContentService.java:1453)

I also cant view the content through the web UI's source control browser but the UI is probably masking any error. I am currently trying to do a move-replace action on the folder so we can proceed but is there a more elegant way of resolving this?

I am also thinking that since the SCM actions of RTC are atomic (all or nothing) then I really shouldn't be encountering this problem, right?

ciao!

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 07 '09, 8:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please submit a defect work item on this, so the SCM team can track it
down. Please include the usual info (such as, what version of RTC you
are using, anything unusual you might have done leading up to this
situation, and any hardware/network errors that may have occurred prior
to this situation.

Thanks,
Geoff

ramfree17 wrote:
Currently one of our versioned projects fails to load because of one
file. The file exists as evidenced by its UUID but RTC cannot locate
the content which causes this error (snipped for brevity):

!MESSAGE Failed to download
/com.company.client.something.wizard/src/com/company/client/something/wizard/ui/util/package.html
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException:
CRJAZ0098I The
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService{/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.IDirectWritingContentService}
service failed. The server returned the http error 500 (Internal
Server Error). Examine any further details here or look in the
server log files for more information on how to resolve the issue.
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.throwHttpClientError(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokeContentGet(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(Unknown
Source)

Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException:
Remote
CRJAZ0200I Content not found:
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContentService$AbstractContentReceiver.postProcess(ContentService.java:1997)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContentService$7.run(ContentService.java:1453)

I also cant view the content through the web UI's source control
browser but the UI is probably masking any error. I am currently
trying to do a move-replace action on the folder so we can proceed
but is there a more elegant way of resolving this?

I am also thinking that since the SCM actions of RTC are atomic (all
or nothing) then I really shouldn't be encountering this problem,
right?

ciao!

permanent link
Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | answered Jul 08 '09, 4:17 a.m.
Please submit a defect work item on this, so the SCM team can track it
down. Please include the usual info (such as, what version of RTC you
are using, anything unusual you might have done leading up to this
situation, and any hardware/network errors that may have occurred prior
to this situation.

Thanks,
Geoff

That is one of my dilemma. We didn't do anything special as this is a normal day. We also don't have access on the actual RTC server so I am picking my brains out on how I can even start replicating this issue. Maybe the SCM team will ask some questions that can reveal more information.

Thanks.

ciao!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.