It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter error: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

Nada Loutfallah (1512) | asked Jun 04 '15, 5:32 a.m.
Hi,

I try to export to CLM 5.0.2. from RQM repository a bulk of test cases using Excel 2013 installed on Windows7.
The following errors appear in the debug log file: 
ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: failed to get from server: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: RQMConnector: Login - Error POSTing credentials to https://clmserver:9443/qm
EXCEPTION: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
at Mso2Rqm_Common.RQMConnector.GetFromServer(String url)  at Mso2Rqm_Common.RQMConnector.Login(String url, String username, String password)

Note that the same error appear when trying to connect from excel 2007.
How I can solve this issue.

Thanks 

2 answers

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111153) | answered Jun 04 '15, 12:47 p.m.

Hi Reshma,

Perhaps I am missing something but those installers (RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 for 32/64 bit)  do not apppear to be attached to the wiki.

Thanks, Brett

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jun 04 '15, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nada,

Which installer are you using for the TLS feature?

Starting from CLM 4.0.5, RQM Word/Excel importer starts supporting TLS 1.2. To use this feature, users need to install .NET Framework 4.5 or above, Microsoft Office 2013 and install RQM Word/Excel importer with the installer named RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 for 32 bit Microsoft Office Excel version or RQMWordImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45 for 64 bit Microsoft Office Excel version

Refer https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Add_In_Installation for more information

Comments
Nada Loutfallah commented Jun 05 '15, 7:58 a.m.

Hi,

I already installed DoNet4.5 and do the installation from RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.