It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

email permissions

Nisreen Sunnaa (16) | asked Jul 01 '09, 3:47 p.m.
Installed RQM 2.0 using bluepages for LDAP.
I added a user to the project, however team invitation failed with the following error:
Error generating team invitations.

'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied.

I have email enabled and configured properly. (tested connection during install)

However I am not sure where or how to fix the team invitations.
if anyone knows, I would appreciate the help.

Nisreen Sunnaa

10 answers

permanent link
Nisreen Sunnaa (16) | answered Jul 01 '09, 3:48 p.m.
I had email connection tested during setup (not install !)

permanent link
Torge Kummerow (11) | answered Jul 08 '09, 10:46 a.m.
I experience the same problem with the RTC 2.0.

I installed it with the launchpad, no extra database. Then I set it up using jazz/setup, testet email and database successfully. Set up a project area and a sub team project. Added myself as a member and administrator. Added aditional members and when trying to send the invitation I get that error.

I use Vista 64 Bit but the 32 Bit RTC version, could that be the problem?
I did install everything to a non system & non virtual folder.

permanent link
Torge Kummerow (11) | answered Jul 08 '09, 10:55 a.m.
I just now found the problem myself. I forgot to add myself to a "process task area (Prozessaufgabenbereich)" with the needed permissions in that project and save.

permanent link
Pascal van Kempen (23226) | answered Aug 09 '09, 5:43 p.m.
Same problem here

Just installed RTC 2.0
Set up email notificiation, created a project area, and added members in here.

Now, when trying to invite the members, I get the same error:

Error generating team invitations.

'Generate Team Invitation' failed. Permission denied.

Can't find anything in the log files, so no clue which permission is denied :cry:

Would appreciate any help.

Trying to run RTC 2.0 on a Windows Vista system.

Regards, Pascal

permanent link
Jeanie O'Grady (6) | answered Aug 11 '09, 3:53 p.m.
I also was able to configure email successfully but get the permissions problem when trying to send team invitations. However, I have seen email from users when I am assigned to a task.

permanent link
Pascal van Kempen (23226) | answered Aug 16 '09, 1:58 p.m.
Looks like I found the problem.

The eclipse client reveiled some more information (I was using the web-interface when the problem occured)

What seems to help is to add the administrator who is creating the project as a member to the project, with an appropriate role.

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Sep 04 '09, 11:05 a.m.
I haven't proven this; but: first select the Team Area you want to add members to. It seems you have to add the "right" permissions to a role; then add a member to the Team, & then assign the role, before being able to send the invitations...

I also was able to configure email successfully but get the permissions problem when trying to send team invitations. However, I have seen email from users when I am assigned to a task.

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered Sep 09 '09, 2:22 p.m.
For example,
I want an automatic email notification to be sent to the person I assigned the defect to once I hit SAVE. (Note that here there is no state change to capture as RQM allows you to simply updated the OWNED by field and save the record).

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Sep 25 '09, 4:09 a.m.
This area is very flakey ... it should be investigated by development ... I had sending email invitations working & now im getting permission denied again. I am an Admin on the project!!! This is a usability issue. Anyone else with any other ideas how to get this to work??

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Sep 27 '09, 10:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This area is very flakey ... it should be investigated by development ... I had sending email invitations working & now im getting permission denied again. I am an Admin on the project!!! This is a usability issue. Anyone else with any other ideas how to get this to work??

I have seen this a few times and actually wrote a technote a while back with the solution mentioned by others above. See: Resolving permission denied error when sending team invitations in Rational Quality Manager 2.0 @ http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21397058. The key here is that even if you are an Admin for the project area, you STILL need to assign out permissions to yourself. Out of the box, no one has any role permissions in 2.0.x. Note that this is a change from 1.x (where the default was that the "everyone" role had all permissions).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.