It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work day: specify a start time.. ?

Erin Schnabel (6667) | asked Jun 29 '09, 11:52 a.m.
I work part time, and on some days, I only work afternoons. I can specify my quitting time, and how many hours I work... so you *could* extrapolate backwards to figure out when my workday starts... but it would be nice to also be able to specify the start of the workday...

(maybe that's retentive.. )

Is there a way to do that? is the work day actually used when calculating available hours?

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 29 '09, 12:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I work part time, and on some days, I only work afternoons. I can specify my quitting time, and how many hours I work... so you *could* extrapolate backwards to figure out when my workday starts... but it would be nice to also be able to specify the start of the workday...

(maybe that's retentive.. )

Is there a way to do that? is the work day actually used when calculating available hours?

Hi

I have not seen a way to specify a start time (just an end time as you mention). This would make a rather good enhancement request - please log this here on jazz.net at

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=jazz.viewPage&id=com.ibm.team.workitem

The work day is indeed used to calculate available hours, and work out load on the user.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Johannes Rieken (1.2k1) | answered Jun 30 '09, 8:50 a.m.
ebullient wrote:

Is there a way to do that? is the work day actually used when
calculating available hours?

Yes, we use the provided work hour information when calculating
available hours. You can see this in the Team Load section, personal
progress bars, and the My Work View.

I agree with Anthony. Pls file an enhancement against the Agile Planning
component.

--
Cheers, Johannes
Agile Planning Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.