It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Database Schema for RTC

Zeeshan Muzaffar (16122) | asked Jun 26 '09, 11:52 a.m.
Hi, I am a CAS student and working on application of metrics for agile development. Actually, I want to create a database of metrics so that I would be able to perform various analysis using queries on that data. I have heard that database schema for RTC is publicly available but I am unable to locate that on this website. Therefore, I request if someone could tell me where to find this then it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

7 answers

permanent link
Alan D (15631311) | answered Sep 21 '09, 9:30 a.m.
This is a test reply, ignore.

permanent link
Tamir Klinger (91165) | answered Jun 26 '09, 12:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I am a CAS student and working on application of metrics for agile development. Actually, I want to create a database of metrics so that I would be able to perform various analysis using queries on that data. I have heard that database schema for RTC is publicly available but I am unable to locate that on this website. Therefore, I request if someone could tell me where to find this then it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Zeeshan

Hi Zeeshan,

I'll quote an earlier response to this question by Annie Ying:

I was asked by several people independently about where they can find the schema of the Jazz repository for mining purposes, so I just thought to share this information with everybody.

My answer is probably not that satisfying although--as far as I know (folks from the Jazz team, please correct me if I'm wrong here), there doesn't exist a document that describes the schema of the repository. The reason is because the repository is not really meant for users to access directly.

One document that contains the subset of the schemas is the following: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas
This is meant for folks managing the data warehouse, but it does describe some important tables in the DB. Other than that, I just browse the schemas in the DB and try to recover the referential constains of different tables...

Annie

permanent link
Rodrigo Paes (1111) | answered Jul 29 '09, 3:26 p.m.
Hi tklinger,

Is it possible to connect to the database used to develop the team concert itself? I know we can browse through the web-based interface (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=jazz.viewPage&id=com.ibm.team.dashboard), but I couldnt find any information to access the database directly.

The reason for that is as a large scale project, it already has many interesting data.

permanent link
Rodrigo Paes (1111) | answered Sep 08 '09, 3:34 p.m.
Hello, can anyone help me?

Hi tklinger,

Is it possible to connect to the database used to develop the team concert itself? I know we can browse through the web-based interface (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=jazz.viewPage&id=com.ibm.team.dashboard), but I couldnt find any information to access the database directly.

The reason for that is as a large scale project, it already has many interesting data.

permanent link
Adrian Schroeter (71142) | answered Sep 08 '09, 7:06 p.m.
the simple answer is: no.

You can however if you got a dump by IBM Research set this one up and work on the data contained in the dump.

permanent link
Christoph Treude (3141) | answered Sep 09 '09, 11:23 a.m.
The data is also made available to IBM Jazz Innovation Award winners:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/university/innovation/jazz.html

permanent link
berg whal (6) | answered Oct 21 '10, 6:44 a.m.
As first step you need for database connection the Code: Select all value="Demo Database NAV (6-0)" to something like Code: Select all value="MyNewDatabase" - the database name you have used when creating the DB within NAV Classic client. You need to copy the file back "As Administrator" (if you are using explorer to copy the file, it will ask you if you want to do that as admin). After that, you need to go into Control Panel - Administration tools - Services (or just search for services in start menu), find the correct service there (e.g. something like "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server") and restart it. Look into event log, that there are no errors or warnings in the application log connected to this restarted service. If not, you can try to open RTC again at it should connect to correct DB.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.