It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unassign Developer Licenses

Nicholas McGovern (613) | asked May 11 '09, 5:33 p.m.
I setup the Jazz server and imported the Jazz development data. I used the default database (Derby) because I had some troubles getting DB2 express installed. Now I am seeing that the developer (and contributor) license has been deactivated because there are 140 active users registered in the database (and Derby can only handle 10). If I want to programmatically query the repository thru a plain java client, do I need the developer license activated by having less than 10 users (with Derby) or use a different database? If I unassign developer licenses for users (so that the assigned developer license count is less than 10) will this undesirably change the data in the repository relating to queries for work items and change sets?

Thanks,
Nick

3 answers

permanent link
Adrian Schroeter (71142) | answered May 11 '09, 6:49 p.m.
I setup the Jazz server and imported the Jazz development data. I used the default database (Derby) because I had some troubles getting DB2 express installed.

Still try to get DB2 running, especially if you start querying a lot it makes a huge difference. The time spent installing and setting up DB2 is worth it.

Now I am seeing that the developer (and contributor) license has been deactivated because there are 140 active users registered in the database (and Derby can only handle 10).

Be careful, the limit is to have 10 active users meaning, which is the real problem.

If I want to programmatically query the repository thru a plain java client, do I need the developer license activated by having less than 10 users (with Derby) or use a different database?

You need to log into the repository in order to go through the Java API so you need to create a new user with sufficient rights and a developer license.

If I unassign developer licenses for users (so that the assigned developer license count is less than 10) will this undesirably change the data in the repository relating to queries for work items and change sets?

No, it won't make a difference in your queries.

permanent link
Annie Ying (2063103) | answered May 11 '09, 10:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nick,

Now I am seeing that the developer (and contributor) license has been deactivated because there are 140 active users registered in the database (and Derby can only handle 10).

Be careful, the limit is to have 10 active users meaning, which is the real problem.

I think we should be able to get you licenses for academic use. Let me ask around.

If I want to programmatically query the repository thru a plain java client, do I need the developer license activated by having less than 10 users (with Derby) or use a different database?

You need to log into the repository in order to go through the Java API so you need to create a new user with sufficient rights and a developer license.

Right. If you don't change anything on the server, the default is that you have an account named ADMIN and password "ADMIN". You can change the rights of a user using the Jazz web client -- here's a page describing this: https://jazz.net/help/rational-team-concert/1.0.1/index.jsp

If I unassign developer licenses for users (so that the assigned developer license count is less than 10) will this undesirably change the data in the repository relating to queries for work items and change sets?

No, it won't make a difference in your queries.

Right, unless you are querying something related to license rights, which is probably not the case.

Thanks Adrian. It's great to know that someone is looking at the forum ;).

Nick, hope this helps.
Annie

permanent link
Annie Ying (2063103) | answered May 27 '09, 3:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nick,

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. You can find information about academic licenses for RTC on this page:
http://jazz.net/community/academic/

Hope this helps,
Annie

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.