It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exception with teamAccept & teamFetch in build using M3a

Ashish Mathur (12175) | asked Nov 06 '07, 5:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
While on M2, my build definition worked beautifully producing a build. Since we upgraded our server to M3a, my bootstrap.xml file that does a teamAccept and a teamFetch, gets an exception in both cases (teamFetch after I have commented out teamAccept). Following is the stack trace. Any ideas as to what its trying to tell me?

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'archived' not found. (, 22, 17)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:521)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:694)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:432)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:184)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at $Proxy0.describe(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:144)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:78)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1192)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1041)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:76)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1034)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1186)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:460)
at com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractTeamBuildTask.getTeamRepository(AbstractTeamBuildTask.java:189)
at com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.TeamAcceptTask.doExecute(TeamAcceptTask.java:116)
at com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractTeamBuildTask.execute(AbstractTeamBuildTask.java:344)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Nov 06 '07, 5:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
That exception is saying that the shape of a serialized object doesn't
match what it expects.

So this looks like a client/server version mismatch. Maybe you forgot to
update your build files to M3a?

- Jared

akmathur wrote:
While on M2, my build definition worked beautifully producing a build.
Since we upgraded our server to M3a, my bootstrap.xml file that does a
teamAccept and a teamFetch, gets an exception in both cases (teamFetch
after I have commented out teamAccept). Following is the stack trace.
Any ideas as to what its trying to tell me?

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException:
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature
'archived' not found. (, 22, 17)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:521)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:694)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:432)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:184)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:144)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:78)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1192)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1041)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:76)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1034)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1186)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:460)
at
com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractTeamBuildTask.getTeamRepository(AbstractTeamBuildTask.java:189)
at
com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.TeamAcceptTask.doExecute(TeamAcceptTask.java:116)
at
com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractTeamBuildTask.execute(AbstractTeamBuildTask.java:344)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)

permanent link
Ashish Mathur (12175) | answered Nov 10 '07, 10:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I did open the build definition that I created in M2 in M3a and made sure all properties were set and seemed right and got this error. However, once I created a new build definition and set the properties to be identical to the one I had in the M2 build definition file, it all works now :-)

It seems like a migration issue to me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.