It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem running RQM 2.0 beta 2 on WAS

Andreas Pross (2121) | asked Jun 19 '09, 10:41 a.m.
hi there,

i'm trying to get beta 2 to run on WebSphere. I have a WAS 6.1 FP23 profile as required, have done all the configuration and security setup.

It appears as that the WebUI is not able to communicate with the Jazz backend.
When i open the Team Server Admin UI (/jazz/admin), it is showing the error "The server is unreachable. Check network connectivity."
When accessing the RQM Web UI (/jazz/web/console) i get a blue popup box stating "The server is not responding. Make sure the RQM server is up and running.".

Did i miss to configure hosts / ports for any Team Server component?
If so, why is everything working if i'm using tomcat on the same machine?

The error message i found in the log that might be related is this one:
[19.06.09 16:28:38:687 CEST] 00000025 WebApp        E   [Servlet Error]-[equinoxbridgeservlet]: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppErrorReport: CRJAZ1173I Service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.IRootDiscoveryService" is not available.

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppDispatcherContext.sendError(WebAppDispatcherContext.java:553)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.sendError(SRTServletResponse.java:994)

In addition, i got a error activating the "FriendsService" caused by some MaleformedURLException (no protocol: null/jazz/) and some JAXB error right after loading the teamserver.properties:
[19.06.09 16:28:34:718 CEST] 00000025 SystemOut     O 16:28:34,718 [WebContainer : 1] ERROR com.ibm.rqm.xml                                     - Failed to create JAXBContext

com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 15 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
The element name {http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/}relation has more than one mapping.
...(many schema mapping errors following)

many thanks for any input.

6 answers

permanent link
Anne Burke (16) | answered Jun 19 '09, 1:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi there,

i'm trying to get beta 2 to run on WebSphere. I have a WAS 6.1 FP23 profile as required, have done all the configuration and security setup.

It appears as that the WebUI is not able to communicate with the Jazz backend.
When i open the Team Server Admin UI (/jazz/admin), it is showing the error "The server is unreachable. Check network connectivity."
When accessing the RQM Web UI (/jazz/web/console) i get a blue popup box stating "The server is not responding. Make sure the RQM server is up and running.".

Did i miss to configure hosts / ports for any Team Server component?
If so, why is everything working if i'm using tomcat on the same machine?

The error message i found in the log that might be related is this one:
[19.06.09 16:28:38:687 CEST] 00000025 WebApp        E   [Servlet Error]-[equinoxbridgeservlet]: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppErrorReport: CRJAZ1173I Service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.IRootDiscoveryService" is not available.

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppDispatcherContext.sendError(WebAppDispatcherContext.java:553)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.sendError(SRTServletResponse.java:994)

In addition, i got a error activating the "FriendsService" caused by some MaleformedURLException (no protocol: null/jazz/) and some JAXB error right after loading the teamserver.properties:
[19.06.09 16:28:34:718 CEST] 00000025 SystemOut     O 16:28:34,718 [WebContainer : 1] ERROR com.ibm.rqm.xml                                     - Failed to create JAXBContext

com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 15 counts of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
The element name {http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/}relation has more than one mapping.
...(many schema mapping errors following)

many thanks for any input.

Please try this solution:
use the WAS6.1 (FP23) Integrated Solutions Console, and browse to
Security -> Secure administration, applications, and infrastructure -> Web Security - General Settings.

On that page, the "Use available authentication data when an unprotected URI is accessed " must be checked. Then stop and restart the WAS server...then can go to RQM jazz/setup to configure LDAP and continue...

permanent link
Andreas Pross (2121) | answered Jun 22 '09, 4:05 a.m.

Please try this solution:
use the WAS6.1 (FP23) Integrated Solutions Console, and browse to
Security -> Secure administration, applications, and infrastructure -> Web Security - General Settings.

On that page, the "Use available authentication data when an unprotected URI is accessed " must be checked. Then stop and restart the WAS server...then can go to RQM jazz/setup to configure LDAP and continue...

thanks a lot. this solved our problem!

permanent link
Karthikeyan R (1632) | answered Jun 24 '09, 12:54 p.m.

This resolved the issue for RTC V2.0 RC 2, Thanks a lot
this solved our problem!

permanent link
Bryan Massingale (3644) | answered Jul 01 '09, 10:30 a.m.
I'm running RQM 2.0 on Tomcat and am receiving the following errors in the Service Error Summary section on the Status Summary screen.

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.IFriendsAdminRestService
CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.FriendsService" failed during activation.
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.IFriendsService
CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.FriendsService" failed during activation.

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.IInternalFriendsService
com.ibm.team.repository.service.oauth.IOAuthConsumerService

I saw http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5314&highlight=friendsservice but was unable to duplicate the directions for WAS on Tomcat.

Please advise.

permanent link
Greg Bek (6) | answered Jul 07 '09, 3:06 a.m.
I'm also trying to run RQM 2.0 Beta on WAS. I've followed the instructions in the online help to move from Tomcat to WAS.

But I'm getting the same kind of errors:
02:00:05,123 ERROR t.jazz.ajax.service.internal.util.RootServicesUtil - 500 response when fetching root services document
02:00:05,139 WARN com.ibm.team.repository - Unhandled Exception
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: null/jazz/
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:601)

I've changed the WAS security settings as described above, at:

Even set to to the any URI option with no success.

Was all working fine on Tomcat, using DB2 as database.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

permanent link
Chris Howard (21) | answered Jul 22 '09, 12:40 p.m.
I'm having the same issue with RQM 2.0 Beta on WAS 7.0.0.3 and db2 9.5. I've also followed the Web Security settings including the any URI option but I still get errors. I am able to complete the jazz setup and make it to JAZZ administration which then shows an IOAuthConsumerService error and my jazz log has the "ERROR t.jazz.ajax.service.internal.util.RootServicesUtil - 500 response when fetching root services document ". Seems like I can do everything in the jazz administration but I can't get the RQM web console - keeps giving me license errors even though I've setup my users with CALS and have those users assigned to a project team included as part of the quality manager project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.