It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ1218E, the bundle is not resolved error after a custom work item extension (plugin) is deployed

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked Nov 03 '18, 2:25 p.m.

I have developed the extension which sends email to team members if a value of Filed Against Attribute is changed. I am sending html email using this plugin. I am using "org.apache.commons.lang3 (3.6) and org.apache.commons.text (1.3)" to to handle special characters in email body, to use these libraries I had to add these jar files in "Dependencies" tab of plugin project. The plugin is working successfully in Jetty server but if it is deployed on CLM server version 6.0.3 I am getting below error

CRJAZ1218E The "com.datamato.notificationOnFiledAgainst" bundle with the id 36 is invalid, the bundle is not RESOLVED. Examine the the diagnostics that follow this message to determine why the bundle cannot be resolved.
com.datamato.notificationOnFiledAgainst [36]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.apache.commons.lang3; bundle-version="3.6.0"

I don't understand why is it unable to find " org.apache.commons.lang3" because it is added into dependencies as well as build path of plugin project. Please help me understand the problem and to find the solution.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 03 '18, 2:54 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 03 '18, 4:27 p.m.

Can you explain me, why the fact that you add a dependency to a plugin or feature or build path, would make this dependency (jar file) being available on the application server, you deploy to?

vikrant kamble selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Nov 05 '18, 7:00 a.m.

I am not sure about that adding dependency to a plugin or build path would make this dependency available to application server. Since we add com.ibm.team.process.service, com.ibm.team.workitem.common, com.ibm.team. workitem.service, com.ibm.team.process.common, com.ibm.team.repository.common, com.ibm.team.repository.service to the dependencies similarly I have added other jar files to in the dependencies which were needed by plugin.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 05 '18, 7:04 a.m. | edited Nov 05 '18, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Adding the dependency is not enough. If the dependency is not available in other extensions, you need to also bundle the Jar Files somehow and contain them in the plugin. See 

vikrant kamble commented Nov 06 '18, 12:06 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.