It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can i run a operation advisor or a Operation Participant without a Save operation ?

Amit Ghatge (1910) | asked Aug 24 '18, 5:28 a.m.

Hi,

I am working on a requirement where i need to trigger a plugin based on a particular date. Suppose in my code i have set the plugin date of execution on 1st September . Then on 1st September my plugin should get triggered automatically and execute as per the code written in plugin. So is there a way to achieve it ? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 24 '18, 6:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You would need a different kind of extension an example would be an asynchronous task: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/due-date-notifier-an-asynchronous-task-example/
You will have to manage the triggering yourself. 
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Amit Ghatge commented Aug 24 '18, 6:23 a.m.

Thank You ! Ralph

Is it possible to achieve it without any user action like save. As per requirement if todays date matches with the date coded in the plugin then the plugin will execute automatically without any save operation 

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 24 '18, 6:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider looking at the link it explains how this works. Asynchronous tasks can run on a schedule or frequency. The task would use queries or some other mechanism to find elements to work on. It can then do something. E.g. it could change some data. 

I have not tried this, but you could try to use the API to act on the work items.

Another option would be an external tool that runs every now and then, queries work items and modifies/saves them if needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.