It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to force a page break in a doc artifact?

les wilson (7195) | asked Jun 12 '09, 4:31 p.m.
When exporting to Word, images, storyboards, sketches etc artifacts are split across pages. Is there a way to force a page break? :?:

3 answers

permanent link
Eric Yokeley (41) | answered Jun 15 '09, 11:12 a.m.
Hi Les,

For artifact types that we convert to images, such as sketches, process diagrams, use case diagrams, storyboards, parts, and screen flows, the export to word functionality should scale the rendered image to fit in one page. If you are seeing otherwise, then we have a defect in the export to word.

And to answer your original question, we have no support for adding page breaks into artifacts. The most obvious place where the support would be rather useful is in our rich text based editors.

Thanks,

Eric Yokeley

permanent link
les wilson (7195) | answered Jun 16 '09, 3:36 p.m.
Thanks for the detailed reply. The Export to Word problem is a known one that is being fixed in 2.0. Anticipating getting nice big images, the next thing that comes up is being able to force them onto a new page.

I didn't mean adding a page break to an artifact. I meant adding a page break in the Document artifact where the other artifacts are "added". So yes, being able to add a page break in the RTF editors is what I'm asking about. As soon as you try to create a spec of some kind using the export to Word, you run into that. Adding a page break lets us create documents from sketches and diagrams without touching them up everytime they are exported.

permanent link
les wilson (7195) | answered Jun 17 '09, 1:50 p.m.
I created an enhancement request for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.