It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC beta 2: userid/password works in web UI, not eclipse UI

Jeff Taylor (7673) | asked Jun 09 '09, 12:08 p.m.
I have my RTC Beta 2 server up and running and I can log into the Web UI with the userid and password I configured. However, when I try to use the same userid/password to make a connection via the Eclipse client it does not work. It says that the userid/password is invalid. Does anyone have any ideas?

Invalid user ID / password logging into 'wcary2nu.ca.nortel.com'.
CRJAZ0129I Unexpected response from /jazz/j_security_check. Expected a 302 response code, but got 400. Please check your server configuration.

Jeff

8 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Jun 09 '09, 2:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
User Id is NOT case sensitive in Web UI. Can you check how your user id is defined in Jazz repository. (You can open your user editor in Web UI to view this information).

RTC login is case sensitive. There is a bug about making it consistent. Did a quick search but cannot find it.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

I have my RTC Beta 2 server up and running and I can log into the Web UI with the userid and password I configured. However, when I try to use the same userid/password to make a connection via the Eclipse client it does not work. It says that the userid/password is invalid. Does anyone have any ideas?

CRJAZ0129I Unexpected response from /jazz/j_security_check. Expected a 302 response code, but got 400. Please check your server configuration.

Jeff

permanent link
Jeff Taylor (7673) | answered Jun 09 '09, 2:31 p.m.
User Id is NOT case sensitive in Web UI. Can you check how your user id is defined in Jazz repository. (You can open your user editor in Web UI to view this information).

RTC login is case sensitive. There is a bug about making it consistent. Did a quick search but cannot find it.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

It is not a problem with case sensitivity. My userid is all lowercase. I verified this in the web UI and Eclipse repository connections.

permanent link
Nanami Smith (1632) | answered Jun 11 '09, 7:56 a.m.

Jeff

I am also seeing this problem with RC2. Similarly, I have confirmed that it is not a case sensitivity problem

permanent link
Amirsam Khataei (256175) | answered Jun 11 '09, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jeff,

The best practice that is recommended by development team, is to not shell shared the Beta.

As our next action plan, lets bottle neck the problem: get a fresh install by creating a "new package group" through Installation Manager(IM), and test to see if you can reproduce the problem.

-if you still able to see the bad behavior, then we can move forward by creating a work item.

permanent link
Jeff Taylor (7673) | answered Jun 18 '09, 10:03 a.m.
I have resolved the problem. When I installed Beta 2 it was successful, it just did not update the entry in my Start menu... hence Beta 1 was always started. I just updated my shortcut in the Start menu manually and everything is fine.

permanent link
James Stuckey (63634) | answered Jun 22 '09, 12:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have resolved the problem. When I installed Beta 2 it was successful, it just did not update the entry in my Start menu... hence Beta 1 was always started. I just updated my shortcut in the Start menu manually and everything is fine.

Hi Jeff,

Glad you figured it out, but I'd like to understand this issue a bit better. I assume the shortcut you are talking about here is the one for starting the client. What platform was this on? (windows, linux, ??)

It sounds like you had 2 instances of the client installed, one which was beta1 and the other beta2. If you had two instances installed via the installation manager, then you should have had 2 shortcuts. They would live inside a group which corresponds to the 'package group' into which you installed the product. If you didn't change it and just accepted the defaults I believe one would be under 'IBM Rational Team Concert' and the other 'IBM Rational Team Concert_1'. Is it possible you did not notice there was a second group which had the beta2 shortcut?

Thanks in advance for your help...

-James
Jazz Team

permanent link
Jeff Taylor (7673) | answered Jun 22 '09, 1:13 p.m.
Is it possible you did not notice there was a second group which had the beta2 shortcut?

-James
Jazz Team

Currently, I have the following folders in my start menu related to RTC:
- IBM Installation Manager
- My IBM Installation Manager
- IBM Rational Team Concert

The entry in the IBM Rational Team Concert used to launch Beta 1, until I configured it to run Beta 2.

I don't have any other folders right now. I might have had two and possibily already deleted it. I am not sure. It is even possbile that I unchecked an option to install a shortcut (if that is possible).

Jeff

permanent link
Patrick Mcgovern (11) | answered Jun 26 '09, 4:14 p.m.
Is it possible you did not notice there was a second group which had the beta2 shortcut?

-James
Jazz Team

Currently, I have the following folders in my start menu related to RTC:
- IBM Installation Manager
- My IBM Installation Manager
- IBM Rational Team Concert

The entry in the IBM Rational Team Concert used to launch Beta 1, until I configured it to run Beta 2.

I don't have any other folders right now. I might have had two and possibily already deleted it. I am not sure. It is even possbile that I unchecked an option to install a shortcut (if that is possible).

Jeff[/quote

I'm getting the same error it's from RSA. when i connect from the RTC client it works fine but RSA throws this error

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.