It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI setup could create the WAS reproting profile

Abish Mathew Zachariah (252511) | asked May 15 '15, 3:22 a.m.

Hi Experts

I am in the process of setting up RRDI 2.0.5 with CLM 5.0.2 or a semi distributed environment with reverse proxy. OS is Windows 2012 server

Database is DB2 10.5 and it is located on a remote machine. I Have the DW as well as the RICM database created on the remote DB2 server. From the RRDI 2.0.5 server I have cataloged the databases using DB2 client.

During RRDI setup it could detect the databases and the problem comes while creating “RationalReporting” profile on WAS 8.5.5 (64 bit) installed on the RRDI server. It is not able to create the profile and shows the errors in the attached file. The rrdi_setup log shows below:

05/15/2015 11:18:14,603 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.resources.ApplicationServerService : CRRRA0003I: No application server is found.
05/15/2015 11:19:29,837 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.CreateWASProfileStepService : CRRRA0050I: Enter step two in creating a new profile.
05/15/2015 11:21:04,275 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.CreateWASProfileStepService : CRRRA0051I: The actual HTTP port is '9040'.
05/15/2015 11:21:04,275 INFO  com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.steps.CreateWASProfileStepService : CRRRA0052I: Exit step two in creating a profile with the profile name 'RationalReporting'.

Even though its shows unable to “CRRRA0003I: No application server is found.”, the setup wizard was able to detect WAS installed on the machine. I have tried reinstalling many times but no go. Please help.

unable to create reporting profile from RRDI setup RRDI setup detected WAS

Best Regards
Abish M Zachariah

Comments
Adam Wereszczynski commented Feb 04 '16, 9:54 a.m.

Hi Abish,

Did you try manually creating a new profile and connecting to it from the Setup server, enabling the "Use an existing profile" option?

Charlie Seo commented Feb 04 '16, 5:56 p.m.

Hi, 

In addition to what Adam suggested, checking what prevents the installation script from creating a profile might be useful (any WAS side log to trace)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.