It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Different default subscriber on different work item type

Marco Chouinard (31) | asked May 13 '15, 10:15 a.m.
I'm working with RTC 4.0.7.
I have a project with 2 types of custom work item (type A and type B) and would like to have a different list of contributor assigned by default to the field "Subscribed by". (User 1,2,3 for type A  and user 4,5,6 for type B).

Initially, I put a default contributor list the "Subscribed by" field using this method (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21580771) but this field is used for all types of work item (A and B) which does not respond to my needs.

Then I wanted to create a custom field type "Subscriptions" but it's not possible to create this type of field.

How can I do this?

thank you form your help

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 13 '15, 10:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Work Item customization is for all work item types in a project area. There is no configuration option today to have different customization for different types on the same attribute.

In JavaScript, you can read the type and do different things. I am not sure if you can create a JavaScript customization that creates subscribers.
Marco Chouinard selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.