It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the best practice to import 10GB data in RTC source control

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked May 12 '15, 1:24 p.m.

I have ~10GB if data that I need to import in RTCv5.0.2 source control.

But my multiple attempts failed with session timeout, errors with no proper description (The operation was cancelled due to an unexpected error) etc.

Is there a standard/best way to import files with huge sizes?

Steps I followed:

Load component > in Project explorer right click component > import > General File system > select files and Finish

Please let me know as I need to make this files available for the team to start working upon.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 12 '15, 3:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not to do it. Import the last baselines into RTC and leave the old tool working.

permanent link
Christopher Robinson (571817) | answered May 12 '15, 1:49 p.m.
Would it be possible to break that data up into separate imports?

I would try breaking it up into 1gb imports and see how that works for you to rule out the size and see if it might be something with the data causing the exception.

Comments
Pravin Patil commented May 12 '15, 3:11 p.m.

This will get more time consuming, however currently this sees to be the only option.

I wonder will RTC be able to handle huge data load when it goes live to 100+ users?

Christopher Robinson commented May 12 '15, 4:51 p.m. | edited May 12 '15, 4:51 p.m.

You shouldn't see a, issue when your 100+ users as I would expect the transactional actions to be much smaller than the initial import of the data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.