It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RQM REST for executionresult, filtered on testplan giving wrong number of test case results

Glenn Henderson (645) | asked May 06 '15, 4:22 p.m.
<baseurl>/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project>/executionresult?fields=feed/entry/content/executionresult/(id|updated|title|webId|endtime|testplan|testcase|testphase|state|creationDate|reportsOnTestCase/TestCase/shortId|testphase[@href="<baseurl>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project>/testphase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testphase:2278"])

When using the above, the ATOM feed is returning "10" records instead of the expected "11".  On another plan, it returns "6" instead of "17".  The "expected" values, are based upon what the WEB GUI shows and also after performing a manual check that each test case really has a test result with the correct iteration / plan.

The ATOM feed appears to simply be missing records when filtered based upon the test plan.  This does not happen on all projects / plans, but on some.

Is there some other filtering that is happening under the cover?  Like if the execution result is outside of the plan dates?  Or something else that I am missing?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 06 '15, 11:13 p.m.
I tested with the "JKE Banking" sample project in RQM 5.0.2 and did not observe anything abnormal.

To avoid any silly mistakes, double check the following items.
1. When checking on the Web GUI, make sure you are looking at "Test Case Results", not "Test Case Execution Results" (which corresponds to the resource "executionworkitem").
2. While you said the filter was on "testplan", the provided URL was filtering on "testphase".
3. Rather than relying on the "count" only, compare the result set on the WEB GUI and in the ATOM feed and check what is the difference between the items that are "in" or "out".

Comments
Glenn Henderson commented May 07 '15, 7:59 a.m. | edited May 07 '15, 8:10 a.m.

My querying is correct and I'm using TestPlan and TestPhase correctly. After doing more digging, I found that the ExecutionRecord isn't showing a testPhase element in the ATOM feed so when I query by TestPhase it is not picking it up.

When I go though the web gui, the Iteration (Test Phase) is shown on almost all of the views, except for one (when I view the execution record, but not in edit mode).  It's not clear why in this one view, the iteration is blank, but in all other views it has a value.  I would guess that the ATOM feed is inner joining in the same manner as that one view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.