It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I update startdate in WorkItems without create snapshot of plan ?

Christelle COIC (11314) | asked May 05 '15, 8:41 a.m.

Need is SLA constraint on a project.

When I create a WorkItem, update the Estimate attribute and save, the values of startDate and DueDate are not updated. The PlannedTime presentation is used.

How can I update startDate just after saving without creating Snapshot?

Is it possible to update starDate and DueDate in js or with plugin, with the function that is used for updating startdate after snapshot creation?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered May 05 '15, 9:53 a.m.
I don't know if I understand exactly what you need to do, but if you want to change any work item attribute based on some business rule after saving, maybe you need to implement an operantion participant that is Java RTC extensions executed after some operation (like save a work item).

Here some good references about extending RTC:

https://jazz.net/library/article/784
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/cbe857dd-5392-4111-b0ea-6827c54f2e66/?lang=en

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 05 '15, 9:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since the start date of a work item is actually not an attribute, but a presentation that gets the information from a plan (snapshot) you can't. The plan is the one who calculates and stores that data and there is not API available, that I am aware of, to extend e.g. the scheduler.

As far as I can tell, you can't.

Comments
Tiago Moura commented May 05 '15, 10:19 a.m.
Ralph,

in your answer in this question How can I get a work item resolution date? you basically said that you can change the value of any attribute defined on the work item configurations. I never needed to update the start date, but based on your previous answer I thought that update such attribute is possible. Am I wrong?

Ralph Schoon commented May 05 '15, 10:23 a.m. | edited May 05 '15, 10:23 a.m.

Because there IS actually an attribute related to the resolution date in the work item. She start date is not an attribute if I am correct. Instead it is a presentation that gathers information from a different source. This data only lives in the plan and the attribute presentations show it from there.

Ralph Schoon commented May 05 '15, 10:35 a.m.

I have to correct myself, there is a StartDate, which you should be able to actually change. I think it is set to a value if you start working. It is a timestamp.
The are other dates like Planned start date etc, that are only available in the plans, so you are correct. Sorry, I wasn't able to look into a formal project area at that time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.