It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the JBE logging location be controlled?

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Apr 29 '15, 4:31 p.m.
I'm trying to get the jbe running on Power linux. On Intel linux I can control the directory where the jbe writes the build logs by starting the jbe process in that directory. On Power the jbe.sh script changes the working directory itself & therefore the jbe attempts to write the log files to the jbe install directory.

Is there a way to control this behavior besides launching the jbe in the directory where I want the log files written to (which doesn't work on Power)? I looked through the jbe code and couldn't find anything. There's a cryptic reference in com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.CommandLineParser about a log file, but it doesn't seem hooked up to anything.

The only option I see at the moment is to modify jbe.sh to not change the working directory. Is that safe to do?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 29 '15, 4:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The working directory can be changed without issues.  The defect tracking this is:

Patched jbe.sh files will be shipped as part of 5.0.2 iFix005

~Spencer
Jeff Care selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.