It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0: Assigning task to team member for developing Test Case

Naveen Tyagi (19769152) | asked May 25 '15, 4:13 a.m.
In the process of Test creation, Test case has to go through so many states[Different Teams to Enter/update the value] and every state updated by different team member who is responsible for that.
I have created a custom workflow with different States  and Actions Like "Check Signal is ready" on state1 and if it is not ready then move to state2 with Action "Update Signal",  once Signal is updated workflow moves to again state1 to check whether still "Signal is ready or not and so on for other activities like "Update ListA", "Check Environment" on different states..
i am wondering how can i notify the person responsible for next state so that he starts working on it after previous state is completed.  
i also want to know whether am i using workflow in correct way or not ? Can anyone provide me a way to sort this out?. Thanking in Advance. 

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 25 '15, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, you are using workflows correctly.

RQM does not support email notification for test operations (
e.g. test execution failures) or state changes.  However, RQM does support email notification for approvals, messages at me (personal replies to a comment), and work item (task-review) change notification. 

I would suggest users create queries in the test case table views for test cases in certain states that require action.  Alternatively, you could manually create approvals for all state changes and use per-conditions (https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_define_review_precon.html) to guard against invalid state changes without the necessary approvals.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.