It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OAuth dance between browser, RQM and RTC

Rophy Tsai (231017) | asked Jan 20 '15, 9:51 p.m.
 Hi,

I have successfully implemented OAuth dance for RQM. However, to get defect data from RTC, do I have to implement OAuth dance for RTC too? 

It seems quite inconvenient for user to log in twice, how do I best implement this? 

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Jan 21 '15, 6:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you elaborate a bit more? Specially, what is your application trying to do and what HTTP client are you using?

Rophy Tsai commented Jan 23 '15, 2:21 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '15, 2:22 a.m.
Thanks for helping, let me try to explan...

Backgroud: I want to develop a web app which displays RQM data, authenticating with OAuth. App is developed with node.js / jQuery.

What I have done: implemented OAuth dance between RQM, node.js and user browser:
  - node.js check oauth session -> node.js redirect browser to RQM oauth login page -> user login -> RQM redirect back to node.js -> node.js obtain oauth session and proceed

Problem: defects associated with Execution Results come from RTC (in same jazz server), which needs a separated OAuth session. 

To enable OAuth for both RQM and RTC, I thought I may have to do this:
  - node.js check RQM oauth session -> node.js redirect browser to RQM oauth login page -> user login -> RQM redirect back to node.js -> node.js obtain RQM oauth session -> node.js check RTC oauth session -> node.js redirect browser to RTC oauth login page -> user login (probably not needed) -> RTC redirect back to node.js -> node.js obtain RTC oauth session

This looks complicated and doesn't seem right, is there a more appropriate way on implementing the OAuth dance between RTC, RQM, node.js and browser?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 23 '15, 6:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, you have to authenticate with both RQM and RTC applications separately.
Rophy Tsai selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.