It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Need an example of a Test Script imported from Excel into RQM

Sherry Watkins (16112) | asked Aug 01 '13, 10:50 a.m.

Our comapny currently stores our Test scripts in Excel.  We are trying to determine if it would be worth our time to import these into RQM.

I would like an example from someone who has imported an Excel Test script into RQM.

I have attached a quick snapshot of how our Test Scripts are Our current Test Script Steps formatted when I copied the steps into RQM.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 01 '13, 2:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sherry,
The tool does not get installed into thew QM server; it is a plug-in into Excel (i.e. its completely independent the CLM/QM server).
If you send me your email address I can send you the sample data but I would highly recommend installing the tool and trying the samples in your testing environment.

Sherry Watkins selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sherry Watkins commented Aug 01 '13, 2:13 p.m.

Thank you for your response!  My email is slwatkins@gfb.org.  I will have to get with my Network admins about installing additional plug-ins for Excel.

Sherry Watkins commented Aug 01 '13, 2:58 p.m.

Thank you for the sending me the sample data.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Aug 01 '13, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sherry,
When you install the RQM Excel import tool it will include a list of sample spreadsheets along with the corresponding configuration file.
There are a few specifically referencing the import of Test Script; you can use these as a basis of creating your own configuration file.
The 'Samples' folder will be located one level under root of the install; for example on my system it is located here:

C:\Program Files\IBM\RQMExcelImporter\Samples

permanent link
Sherry Watkins (16112) | answered Aug 01 '13, 1:41 p.m.

I would have to involve my Jazz Admin resource for this install. Could you kindly attach a sample from this download, so I could review this prior to engaging my Jazz Admin resource?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.