It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a changeset explicitly in RTC scm?

shuai jie wang (122) | asked Oct 30 '13, 3:12 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:04 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

In RTC scm, when I first checkin a file to workspace, a new changeset is created, but subsequent checkin all go into this same changeset, how can I create a second changeset when I checkin another file?

That is, suppose I modified two files, f1 and f2. After checkin f1, changeset c1 is automatically created by RTC, when I checkin f2, I want it to go to another changeset instead of c1, how can I achieve it?

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 30 '13, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can do that by doing check in->new Changeset if you check in manually. Or you can click on the component and select New->Changeset.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
shuai jie wang commented Oct 30 '13, 3:27 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '13, 3:29 a.m.

Thanks for your answer.
I am using scm.sh , not eclipse, so is there some scm.sh command that can achieve this?
Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 30 '13, 3:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please be more explicit in your questions and tagging, to make it easier to understand your questions and create a correct answer. Also the version you are using would help.

You can search in the online help to find the SCM command and all its sub commands.

In the upcoming version the syntax has been rearranged:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_scm.html

and you can use scm create changeset

shuai jie wang commented Oct 30 '13, 4:00 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '13, 3:52 p.m.

Case solved. Using scm.sh create changeset.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.