It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM Command Line- Move Files/Folders between components getting error

vijayakumar ramesh (1173760) | asked Jul 12 '16, 11:17 a.m.
edited Jul 13 '16, 1:25 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I am trying to run the scm commands as mentioned in the RTC 6.0.2 release notes But getting error saying it is not finding the component.

scm move repository-path -w "My Workspace"

-S "Team Component" -D "Other Component"
/JavaMan/src/a/b/E.java /Project/src/a/b/

Please let me know how to proceed with this or any hints where I am going wrong. 
scm move repository-path

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 12 '16, 11:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 12 '16, 11:25 p.m.
Looks like when the name of the component is used it is not correctly handled.
I believe if you specify the alias or uuid of the component it will work. In your case, 1057 is the alias of the source component. Please note that if you plan to use this in a script use the uuid and not the alias.
vijayakumar ramesh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Jul 13 '16, 5:44 a.m.

Now I am getting this error , though that file structure exists

vijayakumar ramesh commented Jul 13 '16, 5:48 a.m.

That File structure exists in that component, don't know why it is giving error for this.
One clarification Do I need to load the repository workspace locally for this command to run?
I have run this command in both scenarios loading and without loading repository workspace.
please mention if any preconditions required which I could be missed by me.

vijayakumar ramesh commented Jul 13 '16, 7:23 a.m.

Hey Shashikant Thanks lot for your comment .it was helpful. For above comment from me there was space in Name which I was missing "Test A".

Shashikant Padur commented Jul 14 '16, 3:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have raised a defect on the component name issue:  https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/396066

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.