It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Story - Task - Change Set Relation

Kurtulus YILDIRIM (681019) | asked Apr 16 '15, 7:18 a.m.
Hi, 
My customer has a question about Change Set - Task - Story relationships. They create a user story first, then create tasks which represents small pieces of this story (also child of the story) and assign them to developers. Developers work on tasks and deliver change set which is link to task . They have also 4 stream (Development -> Test -> UAT -> PROD). After developer deliver the change set Development, there is a automated build process to deliver change set to Test if build finishes successfully. The Build Engineer needs to select the task which is ready for UAT according to related Story's status.  I mean story is tested successfully and ready to deliver. In that point problem arises. There can be 100 task in Pending Changes window which are ready to delivery but only tasks that is related to that specific story needs to be delivered so it is very hard to chose right one. Can you suggest an easy method to do that?
Thank you and have a nice day.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 16 '15, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Assuming the tasks with the associated change sets are children of the story.

1. In the Eclipse Client select Search>Jazz Source Control>Locate Change Sets.
  2. Add the Story(s) to the search sources, select Show child work items
  3. Select the stream where they should be
  4. Select Show Result Details
In the result details view you can see all the change sets that are in the stream or not.

You can do the same with a repository workspace that is based on the stream and then accept the ones you want into the workspace and deliver the changes.

Kurtulus YILDIRIM selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Apr 16 '15, 9:44 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for answer.
I have another question. Now, I can find change sets easily that is associated with Task as you described above but Is there a way to deliver the change sets in result details window?
Thank you.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 16 '15, 10:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As described above, you have a repository workspace loaded that is based on the stream. You can click on the change sets you want and open them with the change explorer. Then you can accept the change set into your repository workspace (the change set must be completed). Once you accepted the ones you want, you can deliver them to the stream.

Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Apr 16 '15, 10:05 a.m.

Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.