It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get relationships imported via ReqIF to appear as two-way links in NG?

Jeremy Dick (1111) | asked Apr 15 '15, 4:28 p.m.
If creating satisfactions links within NG, I set up a relationship with bi-directional names, i.e. "satisfies/satisfied by", and when I create the links, each link is visible at both ends, in one direction as a "satisfies" link, and in the other direction as "satisfied by".
However, when I am migrating data from DOORS 9.5 to NG 5.0.2, where the DOORS project has a "satisfies" relationship and many links, they appear only as "satisfies" link in one direction.
I have tried changing the properties of the relationship to give it the directional names, but it makes no difference.
An I doing something wrong?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 15 '15, 11:56 p.m.

Do you mean that even the "satisfied by" links become "satisfies" after the migration?

Jeremy Dick commented Apr 16 '15, 12:44 a.m. | edited Apr 16 '15, 1:30 a.m.

Thanks Donald: no, the links in DOORS 9.5 are in a link module called "satisifes", and they appear as "satisifies" link in NG after ReqIF migration. But usually when manually I create a "satisfies" relationship in NG, I can create links in either direction and see the links from both ends. But after migration, I can only create links in the "satisfies" direction. In short, the migrated relationship is not bi-directional.  

Donald Nong commented Apr 20 '15, 3:35 a.m.

The way I understand ReqIF import is that it imports the data "as is". If in DOORS the links are only one way, then they remain the same after the import. Maybe an RDNG developer can explain better whether the import process should recognise the bi-directional nature of the links.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.