It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Regular ReqIF exchange between DOORS 9.5/9.6 and NG v5/v6 - anything to bear in mind?

Adrian Haw (2741041) | asked Oct 19 '15, 3:56 a.m.
edited Oct 19 '15, 6:48 a.m.

Does anyone do a regular data exchange between DOORS 9.5/9.6 and DOORS NG v5/v6? Specifically sending read-only packages in both directions to share requirements and links.

Any issues, restrictions or things to look out for?

2 answers

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031238) | answered Oct 19 '15, 5:51 a.m.
Hello Adrian,
Currently we are having issues in ReqIF excahnge between DOORS and DNG.
The following are listed issues:
1.) DOORS diagrams will not be imported.
2.) Links from DOORS will not be imported.
3.) OLE object will not be imported
4.) Access which are existing in DOORS module will not be copied to DNG.
5.) Links between the modules are not imported back to DNG.

But the future updates are improving. I tested in DOORS Classic version 9.6 and ALM 6.0.
Thanks a lot.

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Oct 19 '15, 6:57 a.m.

Hi Shriraam

Thanks for the information. Are these issues only when sending a ReqIF from DOORS-9 to DOORS-NG or in both directions? Some of the items I hope are not issues for us as we don't need to transfer images or OLEs and the access in the remote database would be read-only anyway but the problem with links would be a real show-stopper.

I hope this is some setup issue your side as a ReqIF transfer is the recommended migration route from DOORS 9 to NG, so links should be taken over, at least from 9 to NG. I was expecting more issues with NG to 9 but even 9 to NG sounds flakey.

I'll be setting up a test install of NG our side to do some data exchanges with 9.5 but wanted to see if there were any hints from other people's experience before I got into it myself and repeated unnecessary work.

permanent link
Thomas Noack (60213) | answered Oct 20 '15, 1:59 p.m.
edited Oct 20 '15, 7:38 p.m.
 Hello Adrian,

The ReqIF export/import supports links and OLE objects. Most of the data can be migrated. But as far as I know, it is currently not possible to import readonly data.

By the way, we host a series "How to migrate from DOORS Classic to DOORS Next Generation" on Youtube: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OmA7aLkGTg&list=PLuTIqQurY8NNxxYAfulD-ZeEVE-m9JeFB

Best regards
-- Thomas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.