It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to go back to previous workitem state?

Mohamed Abdel Hafeez (114) | asked Apr 13 '15, 11:00 p.m.
Hi,

How do I change a work flow during execution. Eg: I have an Agile template. If I want to move a card back words from "Verification' to "in-progress', how do i do it?

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 13 '15, 11:40 p.m.
It's not a product usage issue, as this is defined in the work flow. Check the current work flow whether there is a route to move "Verification" to "In-Progress".

Comments
Mohamed Abdel Hafeez commented Apr 14 '15, 1:55 a.m.

Can I change the work flow to add a route to move back from "Verfication" to "In-Progress" so that it can be applied to the current work items without affecting the data?

sam detweiler commented Apr 14 '15, 7:06 a.m.

Yes, but what data are you concerned about? there will be a history entry that shows it changed state. but nothing else should change

Donald Nong commented Apr 14 '15, 8:17 p.m.

As long as you work flow retains the states registered at the existing work items, there should not be any effects on the current data.

Note the work flow is usually driven by the business need, not the tool itself - it is how you do things, regardless which tool you use. When the work flow is well defined (forget about any tools, you can just draw it on a piece of paper), you can then implement it in the tool of your choice.

permanent link
Abhinav Mishra (1443039) | answered Apr 14 '15, 8:51 a.m.
edited Apr 14 '15, 8:53 a.m.
Hi Mohamed,

By defining transition in workflow between the Verification <--> In-Progress,you can achieve that.

Many Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.